The Nanoimager, in combination with the ONI Discovery Kit™ for dSTORM in Cells, is able to report the density and nanoscale organization of surface proteins on T cells and other lymphocytes. This allows the profiling of cellular status, such as exhausted phenotypes, with increased sensitivity over alternative methods.
The ONI Discovery KitTM: dSTORM in Cells, together with the Nanoimager microscope enables:
- Detection of ultra low-density surface antigen
- Quantification of protein densities at the lymphocyte surface
- Visualization of surface protein organization with 20 nm resolution
- Characterization of protein cluster features
- Reporting of cellular phenotypes through surface profiling
In this Application note, we measured the abundance of two inhibitory receptors (PD1 and LAG3) on the surface of primary human T cells using dSTORM. These were labeled using the Discovery Kit: dSTORM in Cells. dSTORM data analysis was performed using ONI's CODI cloud-based analysis platform.